IE Cast Downpipe Audi A3, S3 8V, VW Golf 7R/GTI FWD 2.0T MQB
MQB FWD 2.0T DOWNPIPE FEATURES:
- Proven performance gains for Stage 2 power levels
- 76mm (3 inch) tubing replaces restrictive 60mm factory tubing
- Bolt on fitment – no hassle or poorly fitting parts when you choose IE
- Constructed of 304 stainless long-lasting and high-quality material
- Thick turbo flange – prevents leaks and warping
- High flow 200 cell catalytic converter – full power with reduced pollution and smell
- Metal matrix catalytic structure –
- OEM style flex section – allows for more adjustment and won’t fail
- All inclusive kit – downpipe, midpipes, all hardware
- TIG welded construction – equates to long-lasting welds that are less likely to fail
UNLOCK STAGE 2 POWER:
When upgrading your VW MK7 or Audi 8V A3 to stage 2 software you will also need to reduce the back pressure caused by the small diameter stock pipe. With the exhaust system flowing better performance gains are achieved, sound is increased, and turbo lag is reduced. IE engineers guarantee a perfect fit by designing all IE downpipes in-house using the latest technology. Digital scanning is using to scan the entire environment which ensures that there is proper clearance and that all mounting points are in the correct location. Manufactured from 304 stainless steel offers a life-long product that brings performance and fun to the table for years to come.
Stage 2 ECU tuning is required, for the most power gains possible we also highly recommend an IE air intake and IE FDS intercooler.
An aggressive and drone-free sound will be emitted from the IE Cast Downpipe giving your car a true motorsport feel. Thick wall tubing and cast sections remove much of “tinny” sound and annoying exhaust drone emitted by cheaper, thin wall, downpipes. With downpipes, you get what you pay for in terms of sounds and overall manufacturing quality.
HIGH-FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER (CAT):
IE’s MQB performance downpipe includes a high-flow 200 cell per inch metal matrix catalyst located as close to the turbo as possible. Metal matrix catalysts are higher performance because the matrix web is thinner, allowing higher flow in the same size. Our catalyst is also a very large diameter, allowing a large flow area and maximum power. By being placed close to the turbo, emissions and unwanted unpleasant smells are greatly reduced.
Typical aftermarket downpipes use bends or cuts to form the shape of the downpipe; this allows the use of larger piping, but sacrifices flow and often times fitment. Using specialized 3D scanners and software, IE engineers can design odd shapes and sizes to maximize flow and conform into tight spaces without any sacrifices. To accomplish these shapes, sections of the dowpipe are cast manufactured from the digital models. The result is an incredibly high-quality performance unit with a perfect fit and beautiful finish.
Audi A3 8V 2.0 TFSI
Audi S3 8V 2.0 TFSI
Audi TT 8S 2.0 TFSI
Audi TTS 8S 2.0 TFSI
Volkswagen Golf 7 GTI
Volkswagen Golf 7 R